27 January, 2013

Overcoming Fear or Nervousness


Near death experience is traumatic, such as accident, or calamity like flash flood, hurricane, earthquake, etc. These can bring fear and nervousness.

How to overcome fear or nervousness?

Fear is inevitable especially when facing danger. One day a strong ground shaking had occurred. Though our house was 100 miles away from the epicenter, still it created to many people panic. I thought it was the end of everything. Though it lasted about half a minute of terrible ground shaking, I could not help myself in trembling after the earthquake. I tried to suppress the feeling but it did not help me to eliminate fear.

Effect of Suppression
The following day after earthquake, still I found my muscles shaking a bit. This effect even lasted for almost a month. I worried about my situation if this could lead to mental or body illness.

Eliminating Nervousness
I remembered a method done by our ancestors to eliminate fear or nervousness. When a child was afraid of something the parents did shout a bit and shake the child's body a bit in order to dispel fear. So I did it to myself alone. It seemed it lessened the fear and shaking of my muscles but not fully.

Overcoming fear or nervousness had happened through reflection. I allowed myself to see my own self in fear and trembling. I re-visited myself in nervousness and in panic during the earthquake. I felt it to closest intensity of feeling of being afraid. When I thoroughly owned and accepted this feeling without suppression, relaxation began in its own way for I chose to be calm with no fear.

The Basic Concept
The idea of being relaxed is unattainable without owning first the fear and nervousness. How can you reach a place if you are not coming from a certain place.


Related Article:


Other Articles:




Copyright© 2013 by RelaxAndHeal. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do post relevant messages to the topic. Unrelated comments, or questions can be posted at Question and Answer.