09 December, 2012

What To Do When Sitting Position Will Not Make You Relaxed


There are times that it is difficult to relax when in sitting position . There is a feeling of uneasiness or awkwardness. If it will not work in this way for a while, do another way.


  • So why not stand up. I walk around the house or go to a park for a strolling or biking.
  • Or I go to the bathroom and take a bath or wash myself to freshen up and at the same time recall the care of people who love me or I Íthink of any relaxing scene. One of my favorite scene is standing on the top of the mountain with cool breeze blowing upon me. It is so quiet, so peaceful and no one is around. This scene makes me relieved from uncomfortable mood to sit down.

And after these, I am ready to sit down for relaxation or healing meditation.

If the above tips are not enough to make you relaxed, you can do one or two yoga stretchings, like body bending. One of my favorite body bending is called "Hare Posture". This stretching exercise helps improve memory and concentration according to Yoga for Beginners, a nokia flash application. And also, it is good for meditation.

The "Hare" Posture Method:
  1. All you have to do is kneel down and hold your heels with your hands.
  2. Bend your body forward and exhale gradually until your forehead touches the floor.
  3. At this moment, pause for eight seconds.
  4. After that, raise your body and inhale at the same time.

Repeat the procedure as you wish until you feel relaxed.


Related Article:


Photo credit: Make 2x4 Chair by Colin Faulkingham under Creative Commons License



Copyright© 2012 by RelaxAndHeal. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do post relevant messages to the topic. Unrelated comments, or questions can be posted at Question and Answer.